"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch
Once a month microdose of the coolest things I discover.
1. Favorite Read lately was this Harvard Business Review article called "Are Companies About to Have a Gen X Retention Problem?" I love this section; "As Millennials and Gen X leaders begin to compete for the same mid-level and even senior-level roles, companies risk losing many of their highest performing leaders if they don’t work harder to retain them."
2. Currently Listening to this exclusive Storyteller Performance video by Tyler Joseph (from Twenty One Pilots). By far, Twenty One Pilots are my favorite band. During the 2017 Basketball High Performance Symposium I featured their music as my "walk-out song" for my presentation of developing a "High Performance Ecosystem".
3. Latest Podcast I recently recorded was a "Monday Minutes" show where I share my recent thoughts on the biggest performance technology/hardware challenges. So often, people think the biggest limitations are the financial ones, when rather, they should consider their organizational readiness to adopt new strategies and have the labor resources to make actionable decisions. If you are considering new technologies for your performance facility, you do not want to miss this new podcast.
I'd love to have coffee with you if you're around Boulder. I'll buy ☕
Some of my favorite links lately.
1. AFL Injury Report: Players missing more matches than ever
2. The Translation of Sport Science Research to the Field: A Current Opinion and Overview on the Perceptions of Practitioners, Researchers and Coaches
3. Growing pains: Why the de-load program failed to prevent injuries, and what the Rangers are trying now